I'm reading the biography of Lars von Trier. Lars von Trier is a danish director who is internationally known for his controversial movies (Antichrist, Dancer in the dark, Breaking the waves, Dogville, Manderlay, Melancholia etc.). Almost every year Lars von Trier is invited to the Cannes film festival, but the director has been extremely unpopular the last couple of years at the festival. Last year he was actually kicked out from the festival, when he said something at an interview about the nazis, that made him sound like ... well a closeted nazi. The year before that, his movie "Antichrist" created a lot of attention because of the explicit erotic and barbaric scenes. I have not yet finished the book, but so far I've learned about his anxieties and family. It is very philosophic at times, and that I find very interesting. I am a huge fan of his movies. They are so beautiful, so I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book as soon as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment