
I was front rowed at the Asger Juel Larsen show as the plus one of Stylegeekblog. I had high expectations for this show in particular and let me say ... He did the trick! I loved it! The collection was characterized by variation, yet still with relevant links in each outfit connecting them into one cool whole. All of the models wore Palladium boots, which actually worked quite well. At first I thought it was a bit used since Copenhagen was all over the Palladiums last year (Weekday relaunched fx), but I actually found myself considering to make room for a pair in my wardrobe. The show did include black, layered effects (which left something to desire in my mind) and very sophisticated, yet raw prints. The music was magnificent and i was extremely entertained by this fierce performance. The overall inspiration for the collection was modern, apocalypse executed through skull prints, black/dark pieces, red almost lava-like prints. The squared front pockets on the jackets are inspired by the french legion uniforms ... which serves as an underline of the apocalypse theme. Asger Juel Laren is probably the leading designer in danish, modern mens wear. He graduated from "top of the glass" at the London College of Fashion in 2009 and is already well established in both the UK and DK.
No comments:
Post a Comment