BAD RELIGION



If you're a Frank Ocean fan, this is kinda old news, but I find his story important, so I'm gonna spread the (old) news.

Frank Ocean is part of the alternative hiphop collective called Odd future (OFWG) with Tyler the Creator as leader and co-founder. People all over the world have been busy labeling Tyler as a homophobe - well off course it's most often gay people who feels offended by his music. I don't like the use of words like "faggot" either and when i heard Goblin it made me somewhat frustrated because i did love the song, but had different feelings about how to think of the vocabulary used. After watching a short interview with the creator in witch he denies being a homophobe I didn't thought that it would be fair to say anything different. 

The 4th of July Frank Ocean published a letter on his tumblr account in which he came out as gay. In the letter he's writing about a friend he fell in love with four years earlier (could it be his creator?). His album Channel Orange underline his sexuality with phrases like "I could never make him love me"from Bad religion. I really like the album - actually i love everything made by Frank Ocean. Anyway i think it's great that the hiphop community is getting more and more tolerant. 

The song of the week is also Frank Ocean. However i thought that I would choose a different track so that you would be able to hear not only one but two Frank Ocean songs here on 75th and Dark - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment