I just started a one week vacation with a weekend at my parents house. We're going away this october for a weekend in the UK or in my old hometown; Munich, Germany ... We haven't quite decided yet. And since I haven't been outside of Denmark since March, where I was in Berlin with a friend from work, I'm really looking forward to go on a mini-vacation. I have to spend most of the coming week moving in with my BF, but I'm gonna try to post something about this summers fashion weeks. It's kinda gonna be like a look back on this summers most interesting fashion news.
I love Rick Owens almost as much as I love Damir Doma and I thought that the S/S 13 collection was breathtaking! It was a very typical Rick Owens collection and the designer confirmed that in an interview, made by luisaviaroma, i found on vimeo.
“It’s obviously a continuation of my main themes (...) I mean there’s a certain element of androgyny that’s always appealing ... I think in men ... if they can pull it of. And I try to make it work so that you can - so that most men can. But obviously though, like Marlene (I think he is talking about Marlene Dietrich) in mens tuxedo, it is always something about that crossdressing element that obviously use suggesting sexuality. When someone like Marlene does it, it emphasizes her feminity, and I think the same can be true for men”
I may not agree with the above mentioned Rick Owens quote ... however I do like the thought about cross dressing power of emphasizing the original sex, but I don't think that men in heels, dresses or clogs achieves a supporting element in their masculine expression ... Maybe I misunderstood something but I always thought that androgynous behavior in its own meaning was either masculine or feminine. But(t) I still think its beautiful ... And I really don't care if its masculine or feminine - that has nothing to do with whether or not its beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment